Montag, 14. März 2011

Today...

...I went for a walk in Templehofer Park. For shame I have never been there before due to last stage terminal laziness. But in my new spirit of Being a Better Me I dragged myself along (I hadn't left the house since Friday evening, disgusting). And d'you know what? It was lovely. All misty and crazy looking and really flat. Full of weird "art" and cool dogs and also some mean looking dogs, but they were in the little fenced off bit so that was okay. I should mention I'm not some weird dog-fearer, this one was just really mean.

Then I went for a potter about in the neighbourhood next to mine, that bit with the Schillerpromenade and Herrfurthplatz in it. It was nice, I love aimlessly wandering round another Kiez, particularly if it's close enough to my house to make discovering a new bar or cafe doubly exciting. I did peer into one promising looking one on Selchower strasse that I am going to properly check out when I get the chance. I love a good cafe, and I need to make the most of them before the summer comes and I spend all my free time down by the kanal drinking Augustiner and Tegenseer Hell and wondering if I'll ever really, truly, totally want to leave this city.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Megan, can I just say how much I love your blog! A mate put me onto it awhile ago because I used to live in berlin. This post made me a bit teary, because I didn't want to leave either, and if my friends and family weren't all in australia, I'd move back in a heartbeat. Enjoy it while u can :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Apologies for the lack of response! Have more or less given up on this blog, as am no longer in Berlin. Oh God, I miss it. But yes, thanks for your kind words. I will be starting a new blog soon. I wanted to start one today but some damned fool has got to the name before me. Anyway, watch this space!

    AntwortenLöschen